GSG provided construction management services which included managing the project daily activities, monitoring construction activities to ensure contractor compliance with the requirements of the contract documents, reviewing and approving shop drawings and other submittals, documenting contract quantity and preparing pay estimate, assisting in securing permits from City of Chicago Department of Water Management and Office of Underground coordination (OUC), coordinating work activities with Chicago Department of Transportation, Chicago Department of Water Management, and Chicago Transit Authority, and coordinating/resolving underground utilities conflicts and utility companies. GSG also conducted bi-weekly construction meetings, prepared meeting minutes, and monitored contractor work schedule, additional pay estimate and contact modifications.
- Relocation of one 12-inch and one 48-inch Chicago Department of Water Management (CDWM) water main
- Addition of an auxiliary lane between Cumberland Avenue and Harlem Avenue
- Ramp reconfiguration at Cumberland Avenue, Canfield Road, and Harlem Avenue interchanges to tie into the widened mainline pavement
- Construction of three new retaining walls and repairs/modifications to two existing retaining walls
- Resurfacing of eastbound mainline I-90 from west of Cumberland Avenue to Harlem Avenue and Higgins Avenue from N. Oriole Avenue to N. Harlem Avenue