EB Mainline – Racine to Congress Parkway, Phase III Project, Chicago, IL
DOT requested Phase III engineering services for construction inspection for the improvement of I-90 at I-290/Congress Parkway (Jane Byrne Interchange) EB Mainline – Racine to Congress Parkway. The project included the construction of three (3) new concrete retaining walls along I-290, EB mainline at Morgan, Peoria, and Halsted Street in the inbound direction along the south side of the expressway, as well as rehabilitation of two existing retaining walls near Racine Street and Morgan Street. In addition, the existing I-290 mainline eastbound pavement was removed and replaced from Racine Street to Congress Parkway at the approach to I-90/94. The project also included lighting, ITS, and all incidental and collateral work necessary to complete the improvement.
- Provided construction inspection for various activities such as constructing new retaining walls, reinforced concrete pavement, drilled shafts, and barrier walls.
- Measured and documented quantities, and prepared inspector daily reports.
- Reviewed plans and ensured Contractor’s compliance with contract documents.
- Performed traffic control checks.
- Documented utilities conflict and reported changes to Resident Engineer.