The 159th Street Project consists of reconstructing the 159th Street Bridge over the I-294 Tri-State Tollway and improving traffic flow at the interchange. Phase III engineering services
GSG provided construction management services for roadway reconstruction, ramps rehabilitation, toll plaza & ramps pavement repair work, sign truss repair work, bridge sub-structure and superstructure. Responsibilities also include addressing field constructability issues, coordinate with Tollway Project Manager, QA testing, surveying and oversee construction activities for existing bridge demolition, beams removal, drilled shafts installation, pile driving, TIP testing data review, TSRS along stage line, erosion control, drainage, landscaping, earthwork and MOT switches between stages. Duties also include processing and submitting Lane Closure Requests to Tollway, review & approve – test reports, contractor’s progress schedule, RFI’s, submittals, bridge removal & beam erection plan in e-Builder, conduct weekly progress meetings, track project budget (MSRs), prepare ATPs, COs & EWOs, review Value Engineering Proposals (VEP) and generate pay estimates.
- Removal and replacement of the US Route 6 (159th Street) bridge over the Tri-State Tollway (I-294).
- Roadway reconstruction of US Route 6 (159th Street).
- Ramps reconstruction and rehabilitation.
- Ramp closures with detours posted. Maintenance of traffic.
- Repair of overhead sign span support at Tri-State (I-294) mile post 8.4.
- Installation of new drainage structures and extension of existing pipe culverts.
- Relocating of existing signs. Pavement markings.
- Landscaping, erosion and sediment control.
- Relocation of existing lighting and maintaining temporary lighting. Installation of new underpass lighting.