GSG is a Professional Design Firm providing Civil Engineering and Environmental Services to State, County, Municipal and private clients. GSG Consultants, Inc is seeking qualified candidates for entry entry to senior geotechnical Engineer. The candidate will be is responsible for completing assigned tasks under the direct supervision of a Principal or Project Managers.
The geotechnical engineer will be managing and coordinating infrastructure and building projects from start to finish. Candidates shall have minimum of a B.S. in Civil Engineering and specialized in geotechnical engineering. Candidate must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- EIT required, Illinois Licensed Professional Engineer desired
- Entry Level – 2 years of successful geotechnical project experience
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of IDOT, Tollway and City of Chicago design standards, procedures and specifications
- Construction Observation Experience
Duty will include:
- Conduct Structural and Geotechnical subsurface investigations, field investigations and engineering analysis.
- Supervises drilling crews and applies safety requirements in the field
- Work on roadway, bridges, infrastructure, and building foundations; deep shaft and trench excavation temporary and permanent earth retention.
- Prepare technical memos, reports, construction specifications and other written documentation.
- Reviews client documentation and/or assesses existing site
- Performance of geotechnical design and analysis for foundations and support for the development and production of geotechnical reports.
- Design geotechnical engineering and foundation elements for buildings, bridges and roadway
- Perform field monitoring and testing on construction projects
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working