As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
We are seeking a Roadway Project Engineer with four (4) plus years of experience to become an integral part of our Transportation Design team.
- The successful candidate will plan, administer and design small to medium size transportation related projects and work as part of a multi-disciplinary design team on large sized projects.
- Perform roadway, drainage and/or traffic design tasks as a member of design team for local, arterial and interstate roadways.
- Establish and maintain client relationships; ensure both client satisfaction and objectives are met.
- Assist in marketing, writing proposals, winning work, maintaining and developing key client relationships.
- Participate in client-rich professional organizations and technical societies.
- Train and mentor young professionals and direct CADD staff in plan production.
- BSCE required.
- IL PE preferred
- 4+ years engineering experience with a background in transportation and/or site civil design, including a combination of roadway, traffic, storm water, irrigation design and utility relocations. Traffic signal and/or roundabout design a plus.
- Solid understanding of transportation design and construction standards. Additional experience related to traffic engineering, environmental conditions / constraints, hydraulics and drainage experience a plus.
- Possess a proven history of meeting project deadlines and budgets.
- Demonstrated skills developing relationships with municipal, county and state agencies in support of transportation and/or site civil projects; experience with ACHD and ITD a plus.
- Experience with MicroStation, Inroads, Open Roads Designer, Autodesk Civil3D .
- Microsoft Office software applications (including MS Project) experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with clients, staff and management.
- Adaptability and ability to respond quickly and accurately under pressure.
- Positive attitude and team mentality required.
Job Type: Full-time