Full Job Description
GSG Consultants Inc. is seeking a self-motivated individual to work among a team of diverse professionals in our Environmental division as an Environmental Scientist/Geologist. This position is in the Chicago area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Entry level or junior level Environmental Engineer / Scientist / Geologist with 1 to 2 years of experience. Typical tasks the candidate will need to complete include field investigation support, technical writing, and GIS for environmental applications. Multiple day assignments away from the office should be expected. Types of field work may include Phase I/II environmental site assessments, remediation oversight, UST removals, and similar activities. Typical office work will include data management, preparation of maps and figures, assisting in data evaluation, and assisting preparation of project work plans and reports. The candidate must be reliable, motivated, and service-oriented.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and meet the requirements below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- BS degree in Geology or related technical field
- 1 to 2 years related work experience; experience with environmental field sampling and data collection is preferred
- Computer proficiency (including Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of GIS software such as ArcGIS and AutoCAD
- Strong technical writing skills
- Demonstrated verbal communication and technical presentation skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with the ability/desire to lead tasks
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to occasionally work more than 8 hours per day when necessary for project success
- Ability to read, interpret and apply information on State and Federal technical guidance and regulations
- 40-Hour OSHA HAZWOPER (or ability to obtain)
GSG Consultants Inc. offers competitive wages and comprehensive benefits including medical, prescription, dental, time off with pay, 401(k) with company match, life, disability, and professional development.
GSG Probe Consulting Inc. is and Equal Opportunity Employer
- Day shift
- One location
Work Location: One location