Full Job Description
Perform routine and non-routine cost/estimating assignments, which require the selection and application of resource monitoring and control principles, techniques, and technical knowledge of a construction project. Position responsible for timeliness and accuracy of reports for the project. This includes performing tasks that include, but are not limited to:
- Provide and manage the cost framework, systems and resources to deliver an effective cost control and reporting service to Project Managers and Sponsors.
- Prepare, monitor and forecast baselines during all project phases.
- Prepare, monitor and forecast expenditure profiles and provide accruals where needed.
- Prepare cost reports, including earned value analysis, identifying critical areas and trends and recommend recovery options.
- Maintain the cost control database and validate data across systems.
- Ensure all commitments are recorded and maintain forecasts within approved financial limits.
- Maintain an estimate of the outturn value of the project and prepare the EAC for review and approval.
- Provide the required information to support the risk process.
- Provide project outturns against baseline for LFE and Knowledge Management.
- Mentor and support Assistant Cost Engineers in their development.
- Ensure the accuracy of data communicated and reported to all stakeholders.
- The highlighting of any current and potential issues to the Senior Cost Engineer, Lead Cost Engineer, PCM and Project Manager.
- Maintain compliance with approved processes, procedures and Project Execution Plans.
- The active contribution to continuous improvement of the functional quality and performance of Project Controls.
- To work in compliance with the Collaborative Management Plan.
Required Skills And Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or Construction Management.
- 1- 2 years of heavy civil construction experience or similar construction cost/estimating experience or equivalent combinations training and related experience.
- Working knowledge of and ability to select/apply resource monitoring and control techniques i.e., cost accounting, budget analysis, etc. as well as an understanding of the nature of process systems, structures and construction technology required.
- Commitment to safety and quality. Knowledge of construction safety and current federal & OSHA Requirements.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
- Strong work ethic – highly motivated and willing to do what it takes to get the job done right.
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- One location